Friday, April 10, 2009

Equilibrium - Blut Im Auge

For metalheads (and open-minded people): this band rocks. They play epic viking/folk metal that rocks hard. That's really as much of an intro as this song needs; it speaks for itself. The vocals are growled, so it's not exactly the most helpful song for learning German, but it's too good not to post.





Lyrics Translation:

What I saw on my journey
seems too true to tell about
therefore I'll try my way
to take you there with me

When I once on dark paths
far from here in northern land
saw, what stole my breath,
what I never knew before

Blood in the eye
on wounded knees
I fell down
I saw her

So I decided to stay there
what I saw kept my mind
to discover her secret
the night was lost for me

Day by day in grey rain
I sought the view again
was addicted to this magic
I hadn't seen until then

Blood in the eye
on wounded knees
I fell down
I saw her

Left behind the gates of town
climbed up into icy height
stoms and thunderlashes
tried to put me down
saw into waterfalls
behind bushes, birches
restless views, grey waves
where may she be?

Sleepless, restless I seach ...
Soundless, noise, she doesn't hear me ...

Over rocks, mountains, moorland,
bushes, thornes, darkness,
I search for her by night,
seach the glowing heavenlight ...

Translation from: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/e/equilibriumlyrics/blutimaugelyrics.html

Recommendations: Finsterforst, XIV Dark Centuries, Wolfchant, Riger

1 comment:

  1. What do you think about the meanings of this song ?

    ReplyDelete